Monday, October 10, 2005

Laptop Nomad Complaint(Starbucks/Barnes and Noble and Wifi)

This will be a fairly quick post, but I wanted to get it in writing. It's something that has been bothering me ever since I signed up for a Tmobile account. It's a simple really. Why on earth did Barnes and Noble partner with FreedomLink over TMobile? The B/N and Starbucks partnership was there long before FreedomLink or TMobile ever existed, so why would Barnes & Noble force it's Starbucks customers whom want to use wi-fi access to pay for an additional account with FreedomLink?

It's enough for me to not want to patron B/N anymore. It's shame too, because I'm fairly certain the ability to lookup books in the store that are recommended online while I'm working would force me to buy a few more books offline. I just don't get the FreedomLink bit, the only other place I've seen their hotspots are at Caribou Coffee, which while nice, are no where near as ubiquitous as Starbucks.

Anyhow, that's my rant. Bottom line: TMobile makes much more sense than FreedomLink for the Barnes and Noble customers. They really ought to switch as soon as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home